Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea (ABMT) is an opportunity for you and your friends, family or workmates to come together, share a cuppa, some delicious food, and help those affected by cancer.
How your money helps
One in two Australians will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85. Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is a chance for Australians to get together and raise money for a great cause. The funds you raise help run Cancer Council’s vital support services, lifesaving cancer research projects and educational prevention programs. One dollar at a time, you are making a real difference to the lives of Australians impacted by cancer
- $25: Protects 15 children from potentially harmful sun exposurethrough our SunSmart school program.
- $43: Ensures a cancer nurse is available on our free, confidential telephone service (13 11 20) to offer expertise and support to those in need.
- $155: Provides transport and a night’s stay at a local Cancer Council Lodge for people who need to travel for vital cancer treatment.
- $510: Helps provide annual training to Support Group Volunteers so they can offer ongoing emotional and practical support to those impacted by cancer.
- $1000: pays for an analysis of two gene samples for a research project, helping to progress cancer research.
In May 2021, Cancer Council Queensland is encouraging people across the state to host a traditional, virtual or socially distanced morning tea. Whether gathering physically or virtually, it’s a chance for friends, family and workmates to share a cup of tea and a bite to eat in support of those in our community impacted by cancer.
The official Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea date is Thursday 27 May 2021, however, participants can register to host at any time throughout May or June.
Together, we can ensure that no Australian faces cancer alone.