Our accommodation support lodges are independent living facilities that provide a home away from home for those who need to travel to access cancer treatment.
Charles Wanstall Apex Lodge is located in a quiet residential street on Brisbane’s northside. It is just a 15 minute walk from the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
Its proximity to Victoria Park provides picturesque scenery for leisurely walks. It’s a casual stroll to the nearest cafe. Local services, grocery stores and restaurants are just a short drive away.
37 Fleming Rd, Herston QLD 4006
Our lodge has 35 spacious units, all with their own private bathroom. The rooms are either studio rooms or self-contained one, two or three bedroom apartments with private kitchens. Residents can stay by themselves or with their family.
Each room has
- a television
- a kettle
Our lodge is a large, open and secure site with plenty of space to walk around, a large car park and multiple outdoor and indoor communal areas.
- BBQ area with seating and shade
- a gazebo
- a large shaded deck
- a children’s playground
- various grassy areas perfect for resting
- Community room complete with books, a television, DVD’s, a children’s play area and a pool table
- Communal kitchen, complete with multiple cooktops and ovens, fridges, freezers and pantry space
- 5 communal laundries with washer, dryer and cleaning essentials such as vacuums and mops
- Initial supply of kitchen essentials provided upon check-in (tea, coffee, hand-soap, etc).
Take a tour
How to book
Things to know
- All lodges are smoke free – no smoking is allowed either in rooms, or outside in any communal areas
- Onsite parking is available
- Secure-gated complex
How to get to Charles Wanstall Apex Lodge
Charles Wanstall Apex Lodge is less than a 30-minute drive from the Brisbane Airport, Brisbane Bus Terminal and Roma Street Station. We provide a Monday to Friday travel transfer service between these locations and the lodge. Bookings are essential, and are subject to vehicle capacity and volunteer availability. For further information or to make a booking call Cancer Council on 13 11 20.
Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme
You may be eligible for the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme. Find out more here